Daman development project goes Live
Daman Development Project went live with the commencement of production from its first well C24-P4#3 on 20 August 2016. After Production Testing, finally the well was taken over on 25 August, 2016, when it was producing sweet gas and condensate at a rate of 1,08, 189 m3 per day and 176 barrels per day respectively through a 5/8” choke and 575 FTHP.
Three more wells of this Project are going to be ready very soon, within a month time, thus contributing more gas and condensate to the kitty of ONGC.
The ‘CAN DO’ attitude of Team ONGC, involving Surface & Sub-surface Team of the Bassein.Satellite (B&S) Asset, Offshore Engineering Services,Drilling Services, Logging Services, Well Services, Mud Services, Offshore Logistics Services and others have together carried out this project with such an excellence that it could be referred in future as a classic case of excellent Project Management.
While the challenge of tendering, awarding and executing such a mega project at such a short window of time was efficiently handled by the Offshore Engineering Services, Drilling Services carried out the drilling of wells with a record low NPT and Well Services carried out the complicated lower completion jobs with frac-pack and sand control mechanism with minimum rig-time and high level of accuracy.
The Team ONGC has been pursuing this mega Project with best-in-class professional project execution strategy, and coordinating with various business partners, vendors, agencies and departments with surgical precision.
Most of the dates of the critical milestones have been maintained despite enormous challenges.
- Board approved the project in August, 2014.
- Offshore Engineering and Construction contract (for 7 wellhead platforms, 1 riser platform and 100 odd Kilometre subsea lines) was awarded in February, 2015.
- The Phase-I of the project comprising of installation of 3 Platforms (2 wellhead platforms- C24-P3 and C24-P4 and one riser platform- C24-RP) and associated subsea pipelines was achieved by April, 2016 as per the schedule. Balance just about 5% job could not be completed because of early monsoon and delayed handover of Tapti Process Complex.
- After a prolonged legal and commercial negotiation with JV partners, first of its kind in the country, Tapti Process Complex was taken over from PMT JV in April, 2016 by the B&S Asset.
- Drilling rigs were engaged on time and two rigs, Virtue-1 and Discovery-1, started drilling at C24-P3 and C24-P4 right before the monsoon as per the schedule and have been completing the wells as per schedule.
- Finally, the first gas was produced on 20 August, 2016- merely 20 days behind the stated schedule in the project charter.
Due to some pending jobs at subsea trunk lines connecting Tapti Process Complex, the produced gas and condensate is flowing to Uran via NQO platform for the time being. After the monsoon, once the remaining piping job connecting Tapti Process Complex is finished, the produce from Daman Project as well as from other nearby C-Series, B12 and other marginal fields will flow to Hazira.
Daman Development Project is one of the most important projects being currently pursued by ONGC. The project is aimed at exploitation of Daman sand of C-24 and B-12 marginal fields. The project envisages producing over 27 bcm gas and 5 million cubic meter of condensate over the next 20 years.
The project is not only important from the point of maintaining the total gas supply from ONGC’s western offshore, but is also a big promise for steady supply of gas for many gas based downstream industries of the country. ONGC, India’s Energy Anchor, has been pursuing this project with utmost seriousness and commitment.The Team ONGC associated with the Daman Development project has already come across numerous challenges and hurdles, many are first of their kinds, and have come out successful with the first gas on schedule. With that positive attitude, commitment and conviction, the Team is ready to face all the challenges which may arise during the remaining course of the project and determined to complete it with flying colour.