The ‘Well Control School’ (WCS) is a part of the ‘Institute of Drilling Technology’, ONGC and located in Dehradun, India. It is a premier training establishment, established in the year 1997, with the aim to provide core knowledge and job related skills to drilling crew for handling of critical well control situations.
WCS is accredited to the IWCF/IAWC Rotary Drilling well control certification program, IWCF Well Intervention Pressure Control certification program & IADC Well-CAP certification program.
It has a team of faculty of widely experienced with engineering background as full time instructors. Two full scale simulators models DRILL SIM-5000 & DS-20FS/W & two portable simulators DRILL SIM-50 are used for conducting courses & for hands-on practice.
OUR ACHIEVEMENTS AS ON 30.11.2012:
- Trained total 13,042 candidates
- Total 11,300 certificates issued
- Over 100 participating companies
- Conducted total 819 courses
- Trained 220 participants from Mb Petroleum and Bapex at Muscat, Oman & Bangladesh